Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Introducing Dormgrandpop

People of my generation (age 66) are typically not regular bloggers, but for more than two years, I have been American University's resident faculty member. dormgrandpop seems like an appropriate name, because most of my neighbors are about as old as my children's children.

This blog is primarily for my AU neighbors, to provide a bit of a window on what someone of an older generation - and a neighbor - is reflecting and feeling.

It is after 10:30 - what am I still doing here working? Is one a 'workaholic' if work is fun, or can work be recreational.

I crossed six items of my 'to do' list today, answered mutiple emails - had dinner with Anderson 1 north residents, had lunch with my staff members. I won't speculate as to whether anyone would have slightest interest in any of this. I am too new to blogging.

The Anderson Hall resident assistants meet at 11:00 PM The mood at our meetings can cycle between euphoria and exhaustion in a single hour. It is the end of a long day for everyone, but a wonderful group - mostly responsible beyond their years (except for me).

Dormgrandpop


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats John! The blog looks great! Now to advertise. :)

-maeve

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John - the site looks great, well done!
-Alaina

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home