Tuesday, April 17, 2007

One of many overfull days

One of the reasons I have been blogging so little, of late, is that each day seems so incredibly full. Each morning I being the day by preparing a list that comprises tasks to be accomplished and meetings to be attended. Today began with tennis at 6:45. The days are getting longer, which means that the Dean and I can start our games earlier, for the second week in a row, I won and arduous extra-game set. But I know that my holding first place in our league of two is only temporary. Neither of us wins consistently for very long.

Back from tennis before ten, I prepared for the day and took a long call from my daughter. Then there were meetings at 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 and 4:00. The 4 PM meeting lead to drafting a long note regarding AV support for a conference to be held tomorrow. Then it was time to rush to a nearby specialty grocery, to purchase supplies for tomorrow’s lunch in my apartment. My former dissertation advisor, many years ago, is visiting with his wife.

At 6:30 there was office hours in the dorm. I was getting pretty exhausted so I took a short break between eight and eight-thirty. At eight thirty was the meeting I described in another blog, about the tragic events at Virginia Tech. When I came back to my apartment, two systems analysis students were waiting and our meeting lasted until nearly 11:30. Then was the time I began writing this blog and others. It will be after 1 A.M. before my work is done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home