Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Where have I been?

Where have I been?
The last time I took time to write was on October 4th - 20 days ago. This is the longest time that I have put this project aside - and the putting aside was unintended. Many days I promised I would write and I didn’t. I left it to the end of the day and was thyen too tired or distracted.

Time management is a problem that students grapple with when the first come to university and the problem is especially challenging for AU students. Unlike those in more bucolic higher education settings, they are drawn to Washington, as much as to the academic life. They have internships, community service commitments, political activist commitments, social commitments, well as relationship commitments, physical well being commitments.

As my co-authors and I wrote in “Groping in the Dark: The first Decade of Global Modeling,” all of us must ‘decide what is most important and what is less so and live for what is most important.” For me, the challenge of doing this has not diminished with age. I struggle with it every day.

I have decided that writing this Blog is important, which means I must make it a priority at the beginning of the day, not the end. But what will I decide not to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home