Monday, October 03, 2005

Get to know the night people.


My morning routine when I follow it is to arise between 5 and 6, open the curtains of my bedroom read some spiritual text – I am studying Buddhism at the moment – and have some time for quite meditation.

At the same time, each morning, a small parade of workers, Aramark workers who earn low wages and do not have AU tuition benefits passes by my window. If it is not raining and the morning is comfortable, they often gather for a few minutes in the Centennial Hall parking lot for a chat and a smoke.

Some of these workers I know by face; I know none by name, though I know many Building and Grounds workers on campus. But AU could not function without the hard work of these night people.

I think it would be worth getting to know some of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home