Saturday, June 12, 2010

M two favorite 'Speaking of Faith' Podcasts

Though I think of myself as knowledgeable about multimedia and social networking, I have a new friend who knows much more. Among many accomplishments, she has been a TED (Technology, Education, Development) Conference fellow. I have already followed up - and gained inspiration from - several of her suggestions and have several more to explore. Among them are TED Ideas Worth Spreading, Oprah’s Soul Series Webcast and Steve Jobs 2005 Stanford Commencement Address.


Our exchanges lead me to think about reciprocating with podcasts that I had found particularly valuable. Here is what I wrote.


I know your uTube and podcast gifts were given with no expectation of reciprocity, however, in the same spirit, I wanted to reciprocate. Here are my two favorite Speaking of Faith podcasts among scores to which I have listened. “The Wisdom of Tenderness is an interview with Jean Varnier, the founder of L’Arche. L’Arche is a community centered around people with mental disabilities. His insights on humanity and the nature of love are what made this encounter special for me. “The Happiest Man in the World is an interview with Tibetan Buddhist Monk Mattheu Richard. Among many insights, his metaphor equating compassion with sunshine - the sun’s warmth is given independently of the recipient’s “worth” or “character” - is one that has particularly remained with me.


If you have favorites worth sharing, I hope you will follow my friend’s example. We can always use a bit more inspiration as we seek to chart our path through life and respond to its challenges.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home