Monday, July 25, 2005

Faculty Resident .... who???

The ground floor of Anderson Hall is often populated with groups of parents and students visiting the university. They are being guided by AU students, called Ambassadors, who do a great job of introducing them to our campus from a students perspective. Except for one thing. They almost never mention to parents and students that AU has a full time faculty resident - even when they are only a few yards from my bulletin board and apartement - and the Center for Teaching Excellence, AU's commitment to make excellent teaching a priority is not discussed.

Obviously I have done a less good job than I thought at publicizing these two important university functions for which I am supposed to be providing leadership. Both might help attract students to AU, and appeal to parents, as well.

I need to do something about this!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home