Thursday, October 06, 2005

Is it a Platonic date or an oo-oo date?

One of the fun things about living on AU’s South side is the Letts – Anderson quad, especially at night during the warm months. On the too-rare occasions that I hang out there, I always learn something that I didn’t know.

Tonight, a well dressed couple walked up to where I was sitting with a several students, and I learned that there are at least two different types kinds of dates. When the couple said they were going on a “date”, my friend asked, “Is it a Platonic date or an oo-oo date?’ The couple didn’t exactly answer but it it was clear an oo-oo date was what they were planning.

I asked what the difference was and everyone just laughed. But the impression that oo-oo dates were seen as being more fun was clear.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I - Care Insurance Q & A
This Medicare open forum is supported by the Lieutenant Governor's Office on Aging.
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to music on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like music!

6:37 PM  
Blogger The Answer Man said...

Real Estate investors........ Are You Sick Of The "UGLY HOUSE", "Fix And Flip" Or Rental Property Game And All Of The

Headaches That Come With It?

Click Here For More Information




Ugly Houses

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

American University of WHAT?
I went to AUP, France.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home