Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Visiting grandchildren

Even though my blog pen-name is ‘dormgrandpop,’ I am not a traditional grandfather. Possibly this is because my family had little tradition of “family.” But, despite this, I have been blessed with wonderful children, a stepchild, and, now, grandchildren. This morning, as the sun rises over National Airport, I am waiting to travel to Salt Lake City for a visit with the grandchildren, who have grown considerably since our last contact. There are four of them, ranging in age from sixteen to about two (time to enter birthdays in my Blackberry). Two are adopted, one from China (Hong Kong) and one from India (Bangalore). With students I found that taking time and listening are the best ways to make connections. I should imagine that this works for grandchildren, as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home